Finally managed to get a photo of this one! The description from the Clean Food book is as follows: I crave this powerhouse combination in the spring for its incredible cleansing and healing properties. Sea vegetables are loaded with easily absorbable calcium. Cabbage is a tonic for the stomach and digestive system, a blood alkalinizer, and a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Now that's strong medicine! This recipe doubles easily and keeps 4 to 5 days.
- 1 cup dried arame
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, cut into matchsticks
- 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2-3 dashes ume plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Soak arame in 4 cups of water for 15 minutes, drain well and set aside.
In large skillet over medium head, sauté onion in grapeseed oil until translucent, 3 minutes. Add carrots and sauté another 2-3 minutes. Add cabbage and tamari and sauté until all vegetables have softened. Add seaweed and cook to heat through. Remove from heat, add vinegar and toasted sesame oil and serve warm or chilled.
- Clean Food: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source with More Than 200 Recipes for a Healthy and Sustainable You