A colorful tasty side dish or snack. A mandoline works well for slicing the carrots into uniformly thin rounds.
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted black sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 350 ℉
In large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté sliced carrots in olive oil until just soft, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, toss with toasted sesame oil and sea salt to taste, spread out on cookie sheet and bake 30 minutes. Check frequently and move carrots around to prevent burning. Remove from oven, toss with sesame seeds and serve.
- Clean Food: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source with More Than 200 Recipes for a Healthy and Sustainable You